Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dinner

Tonight, I decided I'd make kabobs. I've never done it before, and I thought I'd just wing it. This turned out better than I could have expected. I've produced some photographs and steps for reproducing my meal in case you want to try it.

I prepared a marinade. I used red cooking wine, red wine vinegar, olive oil, thyme, garlic powder, and feta cheese. I soaked beef tips in the marinade for about eight hours. I skewered the beef tips along with red, yellow, and green bell peppers, onions which I soaked in Caesar salad dressing, and red potato chunks. I grilled them. To go alonside it all, we made couscous and sauteed mushrooms. A Ceasar salad with Greek olives, feta cheese, tomato wedges, diced onions, and all colors of bell peppers. Delicious. I will be making this one again sometime.

Pictures follow this message: I'm having trouble with my offsite webhost. You may have to copy the link locations (Right-click the link - Copy Link Location/Target) and then paste it into the browser window to get these to load. Or just ask and I'll email them to you. They're not particularly amazing. It's just food.

The Couscous
The Kabobs
A Prepared Plate
The Salad
The Shrooms
Table from the side
Table from the top

Served with a very good year of Coca Cola in wine glasses for effect.

No comments: